Sunday, April 27, 2008

PS2 Arcade... is it the answer?

For 7 months I have been search on something to invest on that rich dad could consider an "ASSET" (something that earns you money and not just takes money away from you like a loaned car or mortgaged house), I think I have finally found an answer. Given my limited funds and minuscule salary will this be the one to boost and start my way to passive income?

What I'm talking about is this:


PS2 ARCADE MACHINE:



>PS2 >80 GB hard disk 40-50 games installed >2 orig controller >1 memory card >25 inch tv >coin slot >timer >box 1 peso for 3 mins of game play for two players already!
Terms: * Revenue is 60% for me and 40% goes to the owner of the place who is renting the machine * Electricity is the a cost of the owner of the place

So I bought one for around P20,000 and placed it in Taytay in one of my connections there (my dealer in my loading business)
Next week I'll be placing another three units in Taytay and Marikina also.

Given the facts:
- 1 peso per 3 minutes
- 60 minutes in 1 hour
- 60 minutes divided by 3 minutes = 20 pesos per hour
- 8 hours of operation per day (conservative estimate) = P160 per day per machine
- 30 days in a month = P160 pesos multiply by 30 days = P4800 a month. (fantastic for a P20,000 investment, if you own the place)
- 60% of P4800 = P2880 pretty good still if you have the unit rented out. That's still a 73% yearly ROI and you'd be able to get back your "DOG" (rich dad's term for money fetching you assets) in less than 10 months and send him out again to get you more money.
- Imagine if you had many of these strategically located and complete with a contract and permit from the government (which is a concern for the renter)
- If you don't have the capital I'll give you another option and it's in the form of as rich dad says, "LEVERAGE"
* P80,000 Bank Loan (Personal, ex:Chinatrust, BDO, Standard Charterred) for 3 years will @ 1.25 percent a month would only have a monthly amortization of approx P3,500
* P80,000 is good for 4 machines which will give you a monthly income of P2,880 X 4 machines = P11,520 less your loan payment per month of P3,500 = will give you a profit of P8,020 approx (of course you should factor seasonality especially when school starts) with that kind of profit you'd be able to pay back your loan in 10-11 months with minimal pre-termination fee or none at all.
*This is GOOD debt and not BAD debt.. please take note of that....

No comments: